Wednesday, May 12, 2010

12 May 10 - Dressing My Best!


The ladies over at academichic.com put a post up for bloggers (or anyone really) to switch their thinking and dress their best. Dress your best is where you dress to play up one of your favorite body parts/attributes about yourself instead of trying to hide or camouflage what you deem your "problem" areas.

This post (and lots of mine) is all about my waist! Some would say I have a defined hourglass shape and that's why I love to wear belts as much as I can! My waist can sometimes get lost in an outfit if I have a cardigan on (which I do a lot!) and to remedy that, I wear belts.

Another attribute I really do love about myself is my hair. My hair has always been a main focus of me being me! I get lots of compliments on it and I do really feel my best when my hair is looking great.

This pic is a bit out of focus, but you get the idea. My husband was great to take this picture in the morning, but he takes two and calls it a day...I really need to get a tripod!

Outfit Details
White cami - AGX
Green empire dress - Loft
Navy s/s cardi - Loft
Brown studded belt - Target
Brown studded shoes - Nine West
Gold clover necklace - JCPenney
Looks like Loft is having an additional 30% off sale priced items! Use code: SALE30 and remember to use ebates.com!


9 comments:

BBM said...

lovin this blue and kelly green color lady! supa cute! ;-)

cheeky curves said...

Love the colour combination

Taylor said...

One of my all-time favorite color combos. I love how classic navy + kelly green are! You look great in this dress plus cardi.

LaCara said...

You look fab, loving the colors!

Check out my blog and follow please :D

www.ohlalacurves.blogspot.com
<3

Kyla said...

This outfit is definitely highlighting your favorite attributes! You have gorgeous hair and such a tiny waist! And I must say - you have nice legs, too :)

Bombshell Beauty said...

1. You look gorgeous.
2. I love the spin on "downplaying your flaws" which is such a tiresome concept. Play up your best features! Love that.

Vaia said...

Your waist is tiny and you have great legs lady!! You always dress your best :)

Curvy Confident 30-Something said...

you are SO cute!!!! One request - BIGGER Pictures!!!! You too purdy!!

xoxo
jessica kane

www.curvyconfident30something.com

christa said...

hey, i did dressing my best too! i love green and blue together, you look amazing!

http://www.enstylepedia.com/