Monday, April 20, 2009

Last Week's Dress a Day

Outfits from Last week...been so, so busy!!! And AT&T finally got their head on straight and got my internet back and running!

Monday the 13th
Green/white dress - CAbi
Purple cami - Old Navy
Brown peep pumps - Shoe Cents
Necklace - Ann Taylor Loft
Cute dog - Belle
Love CAbi, don't love the price, but I got a deep discount on this.


Tuesday the 14th
Khaki dress - Ross
Red peeps - Ross
Gold Necklace - NY street vendor
Animal print cardi - NY and Co (not shown, but I wore it)
Not really feeling this and think I need to get the little self belt taken off so I can wear a regular one. I also totally felt like a girl scout and even though I was one when I was younger, I don't want to look like one now. I was going for the whole safari dress look, didn't really do it for me.






Wednesday the 15th (My Birthday!!!!)
Floral dress - Old Navy
Brown sandals - Nine West
White pointelle cardi - Old Navy
Gold necklace - NY and Co

I really love this dress, so much that I'm a bit tempted to get the navy and pink one just like it. Although I might take the self belt off of this one too b/c I have a brown belt that I think would make this look better. I had a great birthday, worked, dinner w/the boyfriend and presents. I'm so old now though....33!!!


Thursday the 16th

Black dress - Ross
Black peeps - Enzo
Red cami - AGX
Black necklace - Target
Love this dress, feels a little 50's housewife-ish, but love it anyway. I can take the belt off of this one and wear my own.

Friday the 17th
White tee - Old Navy
Denim dress - Target
Necklace - Made by Holley
Brown wedges - Kmart



This necklace was a birthday gift from Holley, one of my very good friends. She's getting her etsy store together, so hopefully soon she'll have some stuff up and ready for everyone! This denim is ultra light weight and very easy. We don't have Kmart's in Houston, but when I went to the valley in March I bought these.
As far as a dress a day week....not interested in doing it again. I'm not into dresses and feel better in pants, but I do think dresses are cute and I'm trying to buy more and incorporate more in my wardrobe, I know the BF loves them so I'm going to try to get out of my pants rut.

13 comments:

tiltedhalo said...

I cannot believe you don't wear dresses more! You look beautiful in dresses! You definitely need to get out of that pants comfort zone because you really do look very nice in all of those dresses.

My absolute faves are the green/white dress, the floral dress and the black dress. You really look fab!

I haven't really been commenting because I'm knee deep in "work" work, school work and work at home. I will be so glad when this semester is OVER!

Milly said...

i understand you with the whole pants thing...i have a hard time with dresses and even skirts...errr....need to start wearing them more often...you look great...love the green & white dress and the pretty necklace you wore with it...the floral dress is very pretty...as well as the black dress....oh i love the necklace you wore with the denim dress

Who are you Weesha? said...

Ooooh I love the green dress!!

Cristina said...

All very nice. Love the khaki dress. You look great in it!

Kimberly said...

You had a fantastic week! You know me - I love my skirts and dresses. I know I always prefer to swap out the material belts that come with stuff for a "real belt". I think it always helps to finish off the outfit. Happy birthday! My man's was also the 15th!

Hillary said...

I really like the dresses and do think you should wear them more often.

Honeybunches of Roses said...

So glad your back. I really do think you look great in dresses. However the tan dress could you use a little help. Maybe a long necklace or something.

Ally said...

I really love you in a dress - you have great legs!

I also think if you look like a girl scout, you're the cutest one I know. That dress has a LOT of potential and a belt will totally change it up.

That floral dress from ON is awesome - how'd I miss that??

Deborah-lee said...

Happy Birthday!

You have such lovely shapely legs and I can't believe you don't want to show them off all the time!

I love the floral dress you wore on your birthday and also the green with the purple (my favourite combo which I never seem to wear anymore!)

Trace said...

A big huge belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you V!!! Hope you had an awesome one!!

I love all the dresses you've posted here. Such great taste!! I would say my fav is probably the floral from Old Navy, so cute. Great week of outfits!

Honeybunches of Roses said...

oh yeah..Happy be-lated birthday!

Connie Young said...

I absolutely LOVE the green and white flowered dress.......how do I get this? It is so flattering and looks really comfortable! I like how you paired it with the purple lace tank for a pop of color.

V said...

Connie, you can get the green/white dress via CAbi online. http://www.cabionline.com/Spring2009/flash/index.html#/Home/

Since I don't know where you live, there is an option to purchase over in the right hand bottom of the page. Fill that out and someone will contact you!