Thursday, March 26, 2009

26 Thursday Outfit

I'm so thankful the weekend is almost here! Tonight the BF and I are going to meet up with some friends for drinks and then go see Les Miserables...I can't wait. Les Mis has been on my "want to see" list for a long, long time so it should be good. No idea what I'm going to be wearing to the show, but I'm sure it will be a dress or skirt.

I love this shirt from Banana Republic! Even though for today's outfit, I have the sleeves covered, they're these cute flutter sleeves that just give the shirt something more. I would have never thought I'd wear a shirt with stripes, but I think the thin stripes work. I also couldn't ever tell what color the stripes were. When I put black against the shirt, it looks black, but it also could be a super dark navy. Today when I took a picture of the necklaces close up, it does appear the shirt is navy....yikes!

Thursday's Outfit
Stripe shirt - Banana Republic
Black pants - Target
Red ruffle cardi - Target
Polka dot scarf (as belt) - from Athena
Black ribbon pearl necklace - Target
Faux pearl necklace - Michael's with a black ribbon tied on by me
Black peep heels - Macy's



10 comments:

MissAmyShops said...

Very cool mix today!

Modest Mom said...

Love it! Enjoy the show.

Kimberly said...

hey there cutie, ♥ the pattern mixing and look at you with the DIY necklace! :-) Regardless of the color of the stripes, it looks good with all of the black.

Milly said...

Pretty!...the target necklace looks like a jcrew one but for so much less

Zuzuli said...

I like what you've done with stripes...adding a waist-cinching belt and a cardigan makes the shirt an accessory rather than a focal point!

Shannon (The Daily Balance) said...

cool blog! love your style!

I recently started my own blog. I actually have a fashion contest once a week -- you should totally enter!

Trace said...

This is so cute, love that top with the cardi. You pulled this together so well!

KT said...

Love this!

Erica said...

Lovely outfit! I hope you liked the musical...I'm going to see Sweeney Todd in a few weeks and am looking forward to it.

tiltedhalo said...

Really nice outfit. I can't tell what color the stripes are but it looks nice to me. The outfit flows nicely with the color combination.