Friday, February 6, 2009

06 A Spring in My Step

I know this title is cheesy, but it's funny to me. The temps here in Houston are going to be more spring like this weekend, so I thought I'd bust out my "Hey, it's going to be spring soon!" shirt I got on super duper clearance from Old Navy for $4.99...seriously, with prices like this, how is it possible NOT to buy stuff?

Today's Outfit
White cami - AGX
Yellow print shirt - Old Navy
Dark rinse jeans - Target (seriously, I love these jeans and now have 4 pair!)
Brown wedges - Kohl's
Brown belt - NY and Co
Blue print scarf - from the lovely, Athena



My brown shoes are what I call, "weekend" shoes and my "mom" shoes. My mom was with me at Kohl's and she tried them on, but they didn't fit her just right and didn't have another size, so I got them instead. They're more of a sandal, but since it's not cold today...whatever.
I got my scarf idea (it's knotted 3x) from Ally of Cute on the Cheap. Before starting this blog I would have never worn a scarf, I've always liked them, but didn't think I could do it. I like this though and it's also my attempt to mix patterns (something I am WAY scared of!).

Thanks for stopping by my blog and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

MUG said...

I love your Old Navy purchase. That was a really great find and with that scarf!! You look fabulous!

ohthatgirl said...

Cute outfit. I love the jeans. I think those are the same or similar to the pair I wore on Wednesday. I like the added umpf of the scarf. I've worn one a la Ally before as well. So easy but somehow I never would have thought of it. :O)

Hillary said...

Oh wow, I really like the scarf and shirt together.

Sairah said...

You look stunning! I love the outfit! And the scarf idea is great too.

I've always been really wary about wearing a belt in case it pushed fat into areas I didn't want it...
I guess I just need to find the right belt.

Karen said...

Hi! I love this scarf idea!

I did a post today on pattern mixing, don't be afraid! It's such a great way to refresh your style for NOT A PENNY!

tiltedhalo said...

How cute is this outfit?! And I love the scarf with it. You really have great taste.