Monday, January 19, 2009

19 New Clothes Monday

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and that everyone who lives in an area that is experiencing cold weather bundled up and kept warm!
My weekend was good, very relaxing and spent returning some items that I previously purchased. I've been shopping all the Ann Taylor Lofts in my area and got some amazing deals last week and have some from NY and Co as well. In an effort to "shop my closet" I'm going to be wearing all my new clothes in the next couple of weeks. I'll of course mix them with items I already have, but I do not take full advantage of all of my clothes and I need to!

I'm starting my closet "transformation", if you will, with switching over all my hangers to those flocked ones (a la Huggable Hangers), but mine are just the BBB ones. I seriously...no joke...need about 300 more hangers. This sounds unreasonable, but I assure you, it's the truth. I have one walk in closet dedicated to tops, the other walk in has pants/skirts on half of it and the other half is dresses/jackets. I'll be in the "transformation" mode for the next couple of weeks as I take advantage of the BBB coupons that everyone has. Pics once I'm done, hopefully!

Today's Outfit
Sheer multicolor ruffle top - Ann Taylor Loft ($9.88 final sale + 25% off of that!)
Green s/s lightweight sweater - Ann Taylor Loft
Black slacks - Forth and Towne
Black Oxfords - Payless
Rhinestone necklace - Ann Taylor Loft ($6.88 final sale +25% off of that!)


This outfit can be worn in the spring as well, so I'll get some good use out of this one. I love the multicolor ruffle top...one of my new favorites in my closet!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

You just gotta love the AT Loft sale! I think the Black/White Plaid Shirt I bought this weekend is like yours - love the ruffle!
When I first switched to Huggable Hangers I bought 240 of them and told myself for every new thing I bought I had to get rid of one thing to free up a hanger. Well, that didn't last very long! I now have 320 HH (I don't use them for pants & skirts - I have different hangers for those) and that still isn't enough. However, I know I don't need to buy more hangers - I need to weed out my closet! I am trying to make 2009 a year of simplicity (granted that isn't going so well so far - darn, all the good sales out there!)

ohthatgirl said...

Love, the shirt, love the sweater. Love, love, love. I'm so jealous of all of you girls great bargains and finds.

tiltedhalo said...

Lovely outfit. See, I wouldn't even think of putting a sweater over that top. Nice! I'm jealous too of all the great bargain finds. I can never get so lucky. And I'm saying WOW!!! about all of those hangers...that means you have a ton of clothes! I love to shop but can never find the kind of deals that you find.

Do any of you shop at thrift stores? I can never find anything, but I see where a lot of people find a lot of nice things at thrift stores. What am I doing wrong? LOL