Sunday, January 11, 2009

10 Party Time

I went to a friend's birthday party last night. It was so much fun! Her theme was "Sex and the City" based and there were martini glasses everywhere with SATC playing in the background of her living room. Everyone had a great time and we were all dancing to the great music.

Party Outfit
Purple Dress - JCPenney
Burgundy t-strap Shoes - Nine West, Macy's
Gold lariat necklace - NY and Co


When I first saw this dress at JCP, I was drawn to it because I love the color purple. I had a friend with me and she was like, "uh, no." I get that it's not everyone's favorite, but I really do think the shape of the dress went well with my body type. The BF liked it though and always thinks I should wear more dresses and skirts. I feel a little disco-ish in it, but I had a good time and was glad I got to finally wear this dress!


Whenever we have parties, we (group of girlfriends) typically have a Picture Wall. Some might say it's a little prom-ish, but it's always so much fun and everyone stops by for a photo-op to make some great memories. Here is the BF and my picture at the Picture Wall.

12 comments:

Ally said...

I think the dress if fab and looks awesome on you. I also LOVE the picture wall and think you two are adorable :)

Milly said...

nice dress..it looks great on you

Hillary said...

I am exhausted today! Such a fun party though. That pic of you and Dre turned out awesome!

tiltedhalo said...

I found your blog a couple of months ago and forgot to fave it and have been looking high and low for it ever since. I found it again, yay! You wear the most stylish clothes. I'm a full-figured woman too and I love seeing the different styles other full-figured women wear. You have a great blog.

You and your bf look great together and that is a really nice looking dress, the shoes are hot too. Hope you don't mind a new reader dropping in on your blog.

KT said...

A good looking man is always a great accessory!

Kimberly said...

Love the dress! The colors and style of it are fantastic. Also, I love the picture wall! I am so stealing this idea! We are starting my b-day bar crawl at our place and that would be so fun.

Caroline said...

Gorgeous dress - you look lovely!

V said...

Ally, Hill, Milly, Caroline, and Kimberly- Thanks for the great comments!

KT-My BF was like, "who is KT?" You gave him a MAJOR ego boost..thanks!

Tiltedhalo- Thanks for your comments...and I'm glad you found me again!

PR's Haute Diva said...

Cute dress!!!

Sheila said...

That's a great dress! A statement necklace with a big hunk of turquoise would look fab with it!

K.L.R. (aka Kayleigh) said...

That dress is so dreamy...it fits you perfectly, you look amazing in it!

And I love it whenever we get to see your pretty face -- oh, and the boyfriend DOES make a handsome accessory...that comment was cute :)

The Penny-Pinching Princess said...

Oh, that dress is yummy! It looks great on you.