Thursday, January 8, 2009

08 Just a Pop of Color

I have another couple of outfits to post when I get home tonight, but here's what I'm wearing today...

Thursday's Outfit

Black ruched sleeve turtleneck - DressBarn
Black trousers - Forth and Towne
Black fishnet trouser socks - Merona, Target
Green and black faux snakeskin pumps - Carlos Santana, Macy's
Green and black square scarf - From Athena via OTG's Accessory swap
Black woven belt - NY and Co

I know the greens in the scarf and shoes don't match, but I figured they were far enough away from each other that it was fine. I was wondering how I was going to wear this scarf, and decided I should try it as a bracelet!

Here's a close up of the shoes....I love these heels and they've been part of my wardrobe for about 6 years now, when I first discovered them, I wanted to purchase every color that they offered in this shoe, but I settled on the green faux snakeskin and some pink ones that I will try to incorporate into my outfit soon. I haven't worn these shoes in at least 2 years, so I'm glad I broke them out!

8 comments:

Milly said...

i like it....the pop of color from the shoes and the scarf are great!

K.L.R. (aka Kayleigh) said...

A scarf as a bracelet? INGENIOUS!! I never would have thought of that, what a great idea. And it totally works with the shoes, too.

Very cool :)

Chantelle said...

That's my kind of outfit. I love it. :)

E said...

That belt is soooooo great, V!

Katie said...

So cool... I've never thought of wearing a scarf as a bracelet!

Katie

Athena said...

i love the belt! And the shoes of course

The Penny-Pinching Princess said...

The shoes are hot, and I love the dab of green!

Trace said...

Wow I love the shoes and the belt! Perfect way to add a pop of color to black!