Friday, October 31, 2008
I got an email asking why I crop my head out of the pictures I post daily, and I guess it's confession time. I don't put my makeup on at home in the morning (I think maybe I should have included this in my honest weblog info). I put my make up on in my car on my way to work. I know, I know, it's dangerous and not good to do that, but guess what? I do. I don't try to put stuff on while I'm actually moving, but when I'm at a light, I put my make up on. I don't wear a lot during the week either, so it's quick and easy. I don't look bad without make up, but I look better with it. So, that's why. On to the outfit....
Top: White cami tank - AGX
Blue (see through!) cardi - Mossimo, Target
Bottom: Brown twill pants - Merona, Target
Shoes: Red patent wedge peep toes - Madeline Stuart, Ross
Necklace was gifted
It's going to be in the 80's this weekend here in Houston....so much for fall!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
1. I have three Chihuahuas...yes, 3! I only "wanted" 1, but then was given the 2nd by my mom. The 3rd one came when I was helping a friend out who needed to find a home for him....I found a home...mine. If I could afford it and had more room, I think I could have 1 more dog, but I won't.
2. I'm very scared of monkeys...actually, all primates...they kind of gross me out.
3. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE New Kids on the Block! I knew they would get back together eventually, that's why I refused to throw away any of my posters or magazines I had with them in it. My mom cleaned out my old closet a few months ago and gave me a big box of the stuff I had...paid off for me because that's how I won sound check passes and got to meet them!
4. I love watching cooking shows on the Food Network and have cook books, but I really don't like cooking that much.
5. I'm the oldest of three, but truth be told, I have more of the middle child characteristics than my younger sister and she has more of the oldest child characteristics. My brother is def. the baby.
6. I'm bossy.....I try not to be sometimes, but it hasn't worked out for me that much!
7. When I was younger, I really wanted to be a plastic surgeon. I thought it would be so cool to help people out. I did a big school project on my favorite career and when I found out how long you have to go to school I said, "forget it." I got my BBA in Finance and International Business instead.
8. I use a calculator all the time....I mean, even to add simple numbers. If I don't have a calculator with me, I can't really do any calculations in my head....I attribute it to the dependence of the graphing calculator for Calculus in high school and my financial calculator in college.
9. I have one of the oldest cell phones out...it still works! I'm not really into phones.
10. Besides being bossy, I'm also messy. I'm lucky my boyfriend is neat...he keeps it together.
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Friday, October 17, 2008
I won sound check passes to the NKOTB concert and it was AMAZING!!! Although Donnie and Jon did not attend the sound check, I got to meet Joe (my favorite), Danny, and Jordan. Tomorrow I'm heading to San Antonio to go to the concert there as well, this time I will have very good seats so I will have better pictures. My hair wasn't acting quite right during the sound check...probably because I decided to use a really skinny curling iron today and was all curly Q, but it fell a bit later into waves.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
Friday, October 10, 2008
1. Clothing Shop: The now defunct Gap brand store, Forth and Towne. Even though this store was marketed to a "more mature" woman, I loved their clothes! They were classic pieces that anyone could wear. I guess that makes NY and Co and Target my stores of choice.
2. Furniture Shop: Don't have a favorite, but my stuff is a mix of a chain store where my bedroom and living room came from, Ikea, and some Target pieces. A good mix.
3. Sweet: Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
4. City: Chicago, DC, and of course Houston!
5. Drink: Regular has to be water and then diet Coke, Adult is vodka/tonic or vodka/water w/limes or some vino.
6. Music: I'm so Top 40/Pop/Hip Hop/R&B. I have 2 NKOTB concerts, Madonna, Janet/LL Cool J, and Coldplay coming up!
7. TV Series: My DVR's on overdrive: Oprah, Grey's, Private Practice, Office, Real Housewives, etc.
8. Film: My all time is The Goonies with Mary Poppins coming in at second. But I do love me some SATC movie!
9. Workout: I'm trying...I started back at the gym this week...5am!
10. Pastries: Cupcakes, my mom's pecan pie or her Tres Leches...yum!
11. Coffee: regular-2 creamers, 2 splendas; fancy - pumpkin or cinnamon dolce non fat latte
I'm going to volunteer on both Saturday and Sunday with the Junior League, go to the movies, try to find some pieces for my Halloween costume, and catch up on some shows in my dvr. A whole lot of relaxing stuff.
Top: Sleeveless, grey, floral print bow-tie top - Old Navy
Bordeaux, rib knit cardigan - Old Navy
Bottom: Dark rinse boot cut jeans - Mossimo, Target
Shoes: Brown, pointy-toe pumps - Anne Klein, Macy's
The cardigan I have on today is on sale at ON (so is the tie top) and it's so cozy and not too thick. It's perfect for layering, I think I might have to buy a couple of other colors! I saw this top and cardi paired up in ON (and on this lovely lady), and I knew it was a matter of time before both pieces went on sale. I scooped these up during the BFF 20% off sale a couple of weeks ago.
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Monday, October 6, 2008
What a great bargain shopper am I? My outfit is less than $40! That's a win in my book.
Dress: 3/4 sleeve, v-neck, umpire waist dress - Rhapsody, Ross
Tank: Black strappy tank - Linda Leal, Steinmart
Shoes: Garnet red, peep toe pumps - Madeline Stuart, Ross
Accessories: Black and Silver necklace - NY and Co
Is it umpire waist or empire waist? I looked online and saw it both ways, or maybe they are two different types of waist, and I just don't know? You tell me.
10 days until the NKOTB concert in Houston and 11 days until the one in San Antonio....yes, I'm going to both....if I could afford it I would go to more of them! Can't wait!
Friday, October 3, 2008
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
So, when you're like me, you fit into misses clothes, but can sometimes wear women's sizes. I must say I do have a hard time with women's because although they cut the pants for bigger thighs and hips (hello....me!), sometimes it's a tad too much. I swear by my alterations lady and love her for making things fit me.
I saw this dress at Target a while back and tried it on. It was too big, but I thought it was so cute! Yesterday when I went to Target (my weekly stop), I saw it was on clearance (30% off), so I figured I'd give it a try. I took it home, washed it, and *gasp* dried it! I NEVER put my clothes in the dryer unless something is a bit too big or they're undergarments, or something I just don't really care that much about. The dress did shrink a tiny bit, but I still feel like it's too big on me, so I'm going to take it to my trusty alterations lady this weekend along with some pants and a dress I need to get hemmed.
Dress: Mossimo - Target
Shoes: Black and White snakeskin, peep-toe, slingback, MJ's - Newport News
Accesories: I used the self belt the dress came with and did actually put a necklace and earrings on before heading out the door.
What other color of belt should I try out with this dress? I tried a thick, black belt, but that one kept sliding around my waist.