Monday, December 15, 2008

15 Monday's Outfit

I haven't posted anything because I'm facing reality that there aren't a lot of outfits I have worn lately that are blog worthy. But, I told myself that since my blog is named, "Everyday Wear," I need to go ahead and post all of my outfits. It's real life...and in real life I don't always look so super stylish, but at least I try.

Here's what I wore today. I need to take a detail pic of the pants...they come out as black or super dark navy, but they have a very small pinstripe of grey and blue. I think this outfit could have benefited from a brooch or pin of some kind, but I don't have any, so maybe that's what I'll be on the lookout for.

Today's Outfit
Top: White 3/4 sleeve v-neck - H and M
Grey capelet (is this what you call it?) - Dressbarn (one of my 60% off items!)
Bottom: Navy pinstripe pants - Old Navy
Shoes: Navy blue pointy toe shoes - Nine West, Shoe Cents (hello, Nine West for $19 plus 30% off? Come on....I had to! And I had to in brown as well!)



Oh, and my "Self Imposed Ban" yeah......um, that didn't last long at all! But I have to say it's because I found some excellent deals at a couple of places that were going out of business! 60% off of merchandise....you can't go wrong there.
My boyfriend told me I reminded him of this, but I think he really meant this. Both Julie Andrews movies, but when I looked them up, I realized there is no capelet anywhere, so he must have been thinking of this.

6 comments:

Katie said...

This outfit is totally blog worthy!!! I'm like you though... I try to post pics even when I'm not super stylish that day...

Katie

Hillary said...

I think it's Sound of Music. Doesn't she wear one either at the begining when she leaves the abbey or when they are escaping Austria at the end of the movie. I'm sure there is a capelet somewhere in there.

Milly said...

I love the Capelet...i want one

V said...

Hill-I looked it up on IMDB and I know they don't have every picture, but there was not one in any of the pics. But, now that you said that, I know there is one too....I'll have to find it! He even made up a new verse for the song, "My Favorite Things" just for me....so sweet, huh? whatevs.

K.L.R. (aka Kayleigh) said...

I agree, this is totally blog-worthy, I love that capelet! I had to laugh...when I'm getting dressed that's how I now judge my choices -- are the "blog-worthy"? Even my DH says it now, lol!

Trace said...

That caplet is so cute! Definitely blog worthy!

I love seeing what people wear on an every day basis - it really helps me to develop my own daily style and get ideas!