Thursday, December 4, 2008

04 Self Imposed Ban

I've put myself on a spending ban. So, I'm going to not buy myself anything for the rest of the month. This is going to be hard. By anything, I mean shoes, clothes, accessories. I have now two closets full of these items and have plenty that I can remix and try out.


So, why on day #1 of my self imposed spending ban does NY and Co tempt me with 50% off their tops? I really, really, really LOVE this top from NY and Co!




#1 I already have enough white shirts. I went through a phase during college when I literally had at least 15 white button down shirts! Some were long sleeve, short sleeve, 3/4 sleeve, sleeveless....you get the picture.


#2 I don't have a strapless bra. Honestly, I've never found a strapless bra to fit these 36D's! I mean, I've been to Victoria's Secret, JCPenney, Nordstrom's, Macy's, and they all tell me they can find me the perfect one....well, they haven't! I've purchased one from each of these places hoping it would be true, but the dang bra falls off or gaps or whatever. I thought maybe Intimacy (Susan Nethero's "The Bra Whisperer" baby) would be able to help. I loved the regular bra I purchased there, but the strapless one I kind of liked was like $140! I guess in the grand scheme of things, this would be a great purchase since I might be able to wear strapless or one shoulder garments, but Lord, that's a lot! I already purchased a regular bra for $90.


#3 I can't really wear it right now during this winter weather.


#4 I don't need it. boo.



Any ladies know where I can get a fab strapless bra that will stay on for my size?

9 comments:

ohthatgirl said...

38DD here and I swear by the strapless convertible bras carried at Lane Bryant. In fact this is the only place I buy bras because of the great fit and the padding adds a hint of modestly without making me looking like Dolly Parton.

P.S. I have a hard time wear white or light colored tops because of "the girls" but I love this shirt. I am also on a ban.

Katie said...

I feel your pain... I saw the email that came out this morning - the 50% off all shirts at NY&Co, and my heart skipped a beat...

... and then I remembered that we are saving money to buy our "dream house" in a few years, and my monthly budget does not allow much shopping (if any) during this Christmas season of gift buying!

*sigh*

At least we may suffer together! lol!

I also feel your pain about the strapless bras... I'm a 36D, and it's hard to find one that doesn't slide down, etc.

Katie

V said...

Well, thanks ladies! At least I know I'm not the only one on the spending ban....it hurts!

Anonymous said...

38DDD here...I have not tried one but have heard that Fantasie makes a good strapless bra...kinda expensive tho...run $60-70!

Trace said...

I'm a 36C and still have never found a strapless bra that works. WTH is up with strapless bras?? I like that shirt but would probably never wear it myself 'cause I feel like white stuff is always so see-through or something?? =)

Anonymous said...

Try Ashley Stewart they sell bra's.

Hillary said...

I need to jump on that no spending ban-wagon... I found myself thinking about going to Target to see what was on that clearance rack. Did you end up buying anything?

V said...

Hill-uh, yea, I got lots of stuff! But, it was all an additional 30% off, so worth it...thus, my spending ban!

K.L.R. (aka Kayleigh) said...

Hey, our twins are twins, lol (36D's here) I haven't even tried a strapless....I shudder to think of what would happen if I did -- I just can't see it working. If you ever find one, blog about it please.

I just realized you emailed me, twice! Soooooo sorry!!! I set up the account when I started the blog and then promptly forgot to ever check it. Thank you for your notes :) You are more than welcome!