Thursday, November 20, 2008

20 It's Almost Friday!

So super busy at work today!

Today's Outfit
Top: Deep red charmeuse top - Apt 9, Kohl's
Skirt: Grey herringbone skirt - Worthington, JCP
Tights: black tight - Merona, Target
Shoes: Tate Oxford Bootie - Payless


I'd been wanting shooties/booties for a while now. Of course I didn't want to pay a lot for them since I know they're more of a trend piece. I saw some at Target and these at Payless, but they're still $30 and to me, that's a bit higher than I would expect to pay at either of the stores. Hill informed me that they were on sale and I went right over there to Payless last night to grab them up! I used to have a pair of shoes similar to this in junior high...how cute!

I tried looking for the link to the skirt on JCP.com, but couldn't find it...I just got the skirt a couple of months ago, so was surprised, but oh well. I love paper bag waist skirts (I think that's what they're called) and wanted one even though I know it doesn't 100% flatter my figure. When I originally bought it, I picked up two...one black and the one I have on. I came to terms that it wasn't the best purchase since it didn't look great, but since I loved it so much I would settle with okay.

7 comments:

Katie said...

I agree - I've been waiting for them to go on sale... because you're right, it really is a "trend piece" - but they look super cute on you! love the outfit!

Kate

K.L.R. (aka Kayleigh) said...

I am loving that jewel-tone blouse almost as much as yesterday's! And I think that skirt totally works w/your figure -- it seems to hit at the exact right spot across your midsection, IMO.

I've yet to find a pair of those booties that look right on me. I have really small ankles for my size and they all make me look like Olive Oil from Popeye, lol!

Trace said...

Love love the booties! Way to wait for them to go on sale! Can't wait to see more of them. Awesome outfit today...

Hillary said...

I sooo lovthe booties! I wore grey skirt too. I'll be posting in a few minutes.

Milly said...

great outfit!!!

deborah-lee said...

What a fantastic outfit!! It's not only flattering but super sexy. Thanks for sharing.

Rachael said...

Hot outfit! Love the booties.