Friday, November 7, 2008

07 With or Without Casual Friday

I'm happy it's Friday...have a very nice girls weekend planned for a friend's bachlorette party in Austin. I'm going to visit a high school friend while I'm in Austin as well...haven't seen her in about 5 years, so it should be great!

Belt or no belt? I like with, because you can see my waist, but not sure. My bf said he thought it was a bit much, what do you think?
Today's Outfit
Top: White ruffle shirt - ON
Tan cami - AGX
Bottom: Gap Edition Boot Cut jeans - Forth and Towne
Shoes: Black boots - Hillard and Hanson, Mervyn's (I've had these forever and only had to get them re heeled once!)
Scarf: From OTG's accessory swap via Kimberly
Belt: Black skinny belt - NY and Co




12 comments:

ohthatgirl said...

Belt!!!! :O) Simple and cute and I agree the belt helps to define your waist and I'm diggin' it.

Milly said...

I agree with you ..with the belt...so cute...and i love that scarf..i want something like that

Kimberly said...

I say belt too! Does BF think its too much because of the scarf? Doesn't he know that the only thing that separates up from the animals is our ability to accessorize!

P.S. Love the scarf - welcome to my happy little world of scarves. OTG knows what I am taking about she has "crossed-over" lately too!

ohthatgirl said...

Forgot to add...my love for the scarf! It looks like you have a snake wrapped around your neck but in a great Cleopatra type way.

The Penny-Pinching Princess said...

I'm with the belt! Boys don't know much about this subject! I love the scarf too! Very pretty.

Hillary said...

I like the belt too. The scarf is a nice touch too. I am so in on the swap next time around.

K.L.R. said...

Hey -- thanks for coming by my blog and answering my question about "decapitation", lol. Makes sense (and when I worked I used to do that too VERY CAREFULLY, of course ;)

I'm going to be the voice of dissent here and say w/o the belt -- your lovely little waist still shows w/the cut of the shirt, I think, but the belt sort of ruins the line of the silohuette, IMO. Tho the belt doesn't look BAD, I think w/o looks a wee bit better.

Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

Cheryl said...

Definitely the belt!

Mrs. Makeover said...

I think you pull off the belt very well! I haven't yet tried wearing a belt over a shirt. Maybe I should give it a shot!

Ally said...

I think the belt works b/c it's thin. You seem a little short waisted like me and a wider belt w/something like that (not a dress, etc) gets in the boob territory so easily.

Jules said...

It doesnt look bad without the belt but with it just looks much sharper imo
Love the scarf too

Katie said...

Looks good both ways, but better with the belt! Love your blog!

Katie